top of page
  • Writer's pictureYurok OES

Do you have questions on how to establish an Indian Custodianship for your child?

For the full Q & A “What is an Indian Custodian?” please click on the link below:

If you have further questions or need assistance you can contact:

Yurok Legal Access Center (YLAC) Email:; Facebook: @yuroklegalaccess Phone: 707-482-1350 x1392 Website:

The Yurok Legal Access Center (YLAC) is available to provide assistance to tribal members and their families with various civil (non-criminal) legal actions.

During or after the COVID-19 Shelter in Place order, if you are experiencing any of the following:

  • Domestic Violence

  • Sexual Assault

  • Dating Violence

  • Stalking SurvivorS

Contact the Hey-wech-ek' Program to assist you by calling: 1-(888) 225-8720.

If you have children in your home and are experiencing any of these above issues or if you have a reasonable suspicion of child abuse or neglect:


  • Humboldt County Child Welfare Services at (707) 445-6180

  • Del Norte County Child Welfare Services (707)-464-3191

For support related to child abuse and neglect or Indian Child Welfare please contact Yurok Health and Human Services (YHHS) by calling the hotline at:

1(888) 225-8952.

Yurok Health and Human Services is currently working on prevention measures/programming for distance support to provide outreach and education regarding Child abuse and neglect along with resources.

6 views0 comments


bottom of page